Lois Kelly Speeches & Books
I speak throughout the world on what makes great teams great, Rebels at Work, emerging trends in work, the science of communications. and how to position and communicate new ideas. Most of my presentations and ebooks, some of which have been viewed by 95,000 people!) can be found on Slideshare, and my books are available on Amazon and other online booksellers. (Clicking on an image below will open more information.)
Lois Kelly Speaking Topics
Be a brave-hearted rebel at work
Introducing new ideas and creating change can be messy, unpredictable, and difficult. If only it was as simple as announcing a great idea and telling people what needs to be done. (In fact, doing that is the worst possible thing you can do.)
Based on her best-selling book, "Rebels at Work: A Handbook for Leading Change Within," Lois shares what it takes to overcome resistance to change, introduce and win support for new ideas, and develop personal resiliency and tenacity. Both inspirational and practical, this talk motivates people to take more risks and show up as themselves -- and challenges leaders to create the conditions that foster creative, innovative and nimble workplaces. (Note: this can be a one-hour keynote speech or a half-day/full-day workshop.)
CREATING A CULTURE OF Possibility HunterS
CEOs say that creativity and innovation are their top talent priorities. But the grind of business as usual -- deadlines, bureaucracy, too many meetings and no time to think -- is like one of those Roomba robot vacuums, constantly sucking up our creative energy.
As a creative strategist for Fortune 100 companies like FedEx, HP and Fidelity Investments and from writing books on marketing, innovation and self-discovery, I've found that the most creative people are possibility hunters, and those possibility hunters consistently use five habits to stay open, energized, and resilient. I'll share these habits with you and show you some tricks so that you can make them YOUR habits, upping your creativity big time despite the onslaught of every day work and life.
You've Got the Power
When teams come together everything seems amazing and possible. And then the stress of left field surprises, seemingly impossible deadlines, long hours, and the occasional cranky and uncooperative team member slams a metaphorical roadblock in our way, bringing out the not-so-best in us.
From interviewing the world’s leading psychologists for the best selling book, “Rebels at Work: A Handbook for Leading Change Within” and from facilitating hundreds of team workshops for Fortune 500 companies, I have learned that there are three practices that universally sustain optimism, build resiliency and keep us in the positive flow of work. I’ll show you how you can use these research-based practices to sustain positive energy, tap into the strengths of every team member, and find more meaning and joy in work. (Included in program: free individual character strengths assessments.)
MASTER CLASS: Be the Change Maker
In this full-day master class, you will come away with a renewed sense of purpose about your work and the practical skills to lead change in significant ways, however large or small your goals, whatever your title or position. You’ll learn how to:
- “Read” the organizational environment so that you can more easily navigate politics, build support and position new ideas.
- Create a psychologically safe work environment so that creativity, collaboration and diversity of ideas thrive.
- Deal with energy vampires so that your ideas move forward vs. getting derailed. These include: difficult conversations, micro-managers, unproductive meetings, and common excuses like “we don't have the resources for that.”
- Use your top intrinsic character strengths to overcome obstacles, find more meaning in your work, and become a more effective leader. (A personalized assessment of your 24 strengths is included as part of the Master Class.)
- Position and communicate new ideas so they get attention and gain support.
- Build your resiliency so that you’re able to recover from setbacks, persevere amidst bureaucracy, and create a sense of well-being for yourself and your teammates.
- Uncover your "why" -- the purpose that fuels your work, and can serve as your career North Star.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: Teams and Individuals
· You know that your organization could be achieving more but you’re stuck.
· You want more meaning in your work.
· You’re frustrated with bureaucracy and the slowness of hierarchical management structures.
· You aspire to become a person or team who makes meaningful change happen.
· You’ve tried to introduce new ideas and they just haven’t gotten traction.
· You’re starting to feel burnt out and want to reclaim your energy and sense of purpose at work.
· Your board keeps talking about being more innovative and agile and “failing fast” but you’re not sure how to do that.
· You and your leadership team are looking for an alternative to your usual offsite planning event.
· Your project team isn’t making as much progress as you’d like and you want a way to bring the team together to learn how to achieve more, more easily.
Recent Master Classes: Biogen, Applied Materials, University of Notre Dame